Friday, July 15, 2011

My Grandpa

So I haven't in quite a few months so, I thought I might update this blog of mine.

A few months ago my dear old grandpa passed away and I would just like to write a few thoughts about him here and the little things I miss about him. I am so happy that he is now with his sweetheart, who he missed dearly over the 18 months that they were separated.

THINGS I MISS ABOUT MY GRANDPA SMOKIE
-Driving on the freeway with him in my Ford Focus and having him wave at semis that clearly can't see him waving at all but he still did it anyways.
-His stories about him and my grandma's missions all over the world and the people they got to meet.
-Seeing him with his kids, especially his 4 daughters, who absolutely adored their dad and would do almost anything for them.
-How much him and my mom are alike especially when they are together.
-How he could become friends with just about anybody and could talk to anyone, a trait that my mom possess and hopefully someday that I can develop!
-Going to Burger King with him all the time and him complaining about how expensive his junior whopper, senior drink and small fry are getting.

I'm eternally grateful for him, for the person he was and how much he changed his life in the almost 80 years he was on this earth. Because as much as I think that I can't change things about myself. I will always have the memory of my grandpa and the fortitude that he possessed and know that I can be like him too.
I'm grateful for the time I was given to get to know him and the rest of my grandparents that have also passed away. I know I'm a better person because of them and the things that each of them taught me. And someday I know that I will be able to see them again

Grandpa and Grandma Denison

1 comment:

  1. Don't forget his picture in the MTC!!! Miss you and love your hair!

    ReplyDelete