Monday, July 26, 2010

Strong women

“We want to be ladies in very deed, not according to the term of the word as the world judges, but fit companions of the Gods and Holy Ones. In an organized capacity we can assist each other in not only doing good but in refining ourselves, and whether few or many come forward and help to prosecute this great work, they will be those that will fill honorable positions in the Kingdom of God. . . . Women should be women and not babies that need petting and correction all the time. I know we like to be appreciated but if we do not get all the appreciation which we think is our due, what matters? We know the Lord has laid high responsibility upon us, and there is not a wish or desire that the Lord has implanted in our hearts in righteousness but will be realized, and the greatest good we can do to ourselves and each other is to refine and cultivate ourselves in everything that is good and ennobling to qualify us for those responsibilities.” Eliza R. Snow
I heard the quote above in Relief Society yesterday and LOVED it! It got me thinking about all the strong women that I have had the privilege to meet in my life. My life has been changed by their willingness to show their faithfulness, their courage and their perseverance to do what is right. Each of them have overcome and accomplished trials and tasks that just amaze me.



My heart seriously bursts with joy that I am able to call each of these women my friends and mentors.


They show me that nothing good comes to you in life without hard work and determination to put all they have in accomplishing their goals. They don't give in to the thoughts of what the world thinks a woman to be but, what they know they should be.





I wish that I could let each of these woman know how much they have changed my life and helped me realize that I have a great responsibility on this earth that only I can fulfill. I have experienced a whole spectrum of emotion learning this from them and I would change those experiences for anything in the world. I wish I could tell each of you personally how much you have changed my life but, sadly some of you have gone from this life. But for those of you who are reading this now, know that for the bottom of my heart I am grateful for you and hope that all good things come for you in the future.


I know that these woman were put in my life for a great purpose. I will try my hardest to repay them for this knowledge that they have shared with me through their words and their actions.
I love each of you!

4 comments:

  1. So I just wrote like a page worth of comments here but then I tried to post them and they disappeared. Dang!
    I Love Eliza R. Snow! She was such an amazingly strong woman in her day and I have so much respect for her.
    I tend to be pretty anti-other-women lately because I feel like I am so finished with the drama and frustration that other women are so good at bringing into the world, but I could never deny the power and strength that I have found in the amazing women in my life. That would be like trying to deny that I exist myself. I have been so lucky to know women who have blessed my life and carried me through trials I thought I would never be able to make it through on my own. We truly are angels lifting each other here on this earth. What would we do without other strong, dedicated, compassionate, and happy women in our world? In our lives?! The world would certainly be a bleak and hopeless place for me!!
    Anyway, I have now written a second set of blog posts here, but I will be done. I love this and I love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun post :) I'm honored to be a part of it... I hope you know how much you've also touched the lives of everyone in those pictures as well!! Love ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, thank you for this post. I completely agree! You have changed my life too. I am so happy I've met a lot of those woman and how they've changed my life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nat I love this quote. I love love love it. It just says it all and now I need to stop commenting because of it. You're an amazing strong woman to me. Love you.

    ReplyDelete